Monday, February 8, 2010

Reflection #25

YEAH CUHHH! The Saints just won that CUH!

So um I like the Colts, that's my favorite team and I'm pumped for the Saints for finally winning, I don't know why but I don't even care that the Colts lost. But here's something I remember learning. Sequences and Series:

formulas:

1. Arithmetic- tn=t1+(n-1)d

n=term # t1=first term d=what you add

2. Geometric- tn=t1*r^(n-1)

r= what you multiply by n=term # t1=first term d=what you add


Ex.
6, 12, 24,.....

This is a Geometric sequence so you'd use the formula tn=t1*r^(n-1)

You would have 6*2^(n-1)

If you wanted to know the 4th term you would plug the 4 into the n and this is what you would get.

6*2^(4-1)
6*2^(3)
6*8
48

Now one thing I don't remember as of right now isssss, everything we did last week, I don't really remember anything from last week right now.

1 comment:

  1. * if the rules don't apply you will have to use your calculator to find what the sequence is approaching

    Example:

    1. no rule

    lim (-10)^n
    n (infinity)

    (-10)^100 = -10000
    (-10)^1000 = -100000

    = -(infinity)

    ReplyDelete