This year has been filled with much knowledge and alot (ALOT) of difficulty. But this year I learned alot of information that I will much need in the next educational level. I learned trig and even though it was difficult, it will be a major help in calc and college. Even though trig was hard, it was not the hardest thing for me to learn this year. The section that gave me the most difficuly, was the section dealing with sequences.
There are 2 main types of sequences:
1.) Arithmetic- tn*t1+(n-1)d
n=term # t1=first term d=what you add
2.) Geometric- tn=t1*r^(n-1)
r= what you multiply by
Example: find the formula for the nth term of the arithmetic sequence
3,5,7
tn= 3+(n-1)(2)
tn=3+2n-2
tn=1+2n
Example: find the formula for the nth term of the sequence
3, 4.5, 6.75
divide the second term by the first to get your r.
4.5/3= 3/2 r= 3/2
tn=3(3/2)^n-1
No comments:
Post a Comment